Schöllbronn, with its 3,000 residents, is known for the extraordinary architecture of its Waldbad swimming complex as well as for its historic church. Both draw visitors from all over the region. Schöllbrunn lies at 328 above sea level.
Schöllbronn is mentioned for the first time in two documents from the 13th century confirming the possessions and rights of Gottesaue Abbey. At that time, the Alb plateau had been cleared in certain places, allowing this stretched-out settlement to develop in a north-south direction. At this time Schöllbronn, as well as Schluttenbach and Rimmelsbach, belonged to the Lords of Remchingen. It was sold to the margraves of Baden in 1457. St. Boniface Church was built in 1880, and this saint appears on the village’s arms.
Further information (in German)
48.90 (48°53') | 8.42 (8°25')
Translator: Chase Faucheux